A total of 16 orthodontic CE hours will be granted for this course.
Digital Aligner Bootcamp
For General and Pediatric Dentists
Providing orthodontics is about more than just giving our patients great smiles. Orthodontic treatment can oftentimes be used alone, or in tandem with other treatment modalities as part of a larger treatment plan. Orthodontics can serve our patients as an alternative to surgical or more invasive procedures. Ortho can also assist us in improving tooth position that will in turn give us better restorative outcomes. Unfortunately most dentists do not receive applicable orthodontic training in dental school. This course aims to remedy that.
This course is meant to be a launching pad for dentists looking to bring orthodontic solutions into their service mix via aligner therapy. It is also meant to introduce the power of digital dentistry and show how providers can leverage this technology for treatment using aligners no matter what system they use. Not only does this lead to significant cost savings, but can lead to both great efficiency and improve clinical outcomes.
Continuing Education Credits
The role of orthodontics in a general practice
Screening and diagnosis
Taking proper records and photography
Systematizing how to think about orthodontic planning
Explaining the different modalities of treatment available today
Develop a criterion for cases to understand what to treat and what to refer
Understanding the biomechanics of aligner therapy
- Understand what makes teeth move
- Determine how teeth need to move for the desired result
- Understand clear aligners and how those forces vary from brackets
- Learn the different mechanics used to establish arches, and the relative difficulty of each
- Leveling and aligning an arch
- How to open a deep bite
- How to close an open bite
- How to create space to unravel crowding
- How to close space in spacing cases
- How to utilize IPR safely, predictably, and efficiently
Blue Sky Plan Workflow
- How to use the orthdontics module
- How to generate ceph reports
- How to design aligner cases
3D Printing and Lab Processing
- Understanding outsourcing vs In-House printing options
- Materials used for aligners and IBT’s
- Printer settings and tips
- Aligner Fabrication
Marketing and Implementation
- Developing your own “brand”
- Developing your own white-label packaging
- Educating and training your team
- How to start having conversations with your existing patients about ortho
SPRING March 1-2, 2024
Registration begins at 8:30am on Friday.
Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm
AOS Institute Event Center
1785 State Highway 26, Grapevine, TX 76051
Matthew Standridge, DDS, FAGD
Dr. Standridge is a native Kansan growing up in rural Southeast Kansas and that is where he decided to return to practice. Dr. Standridge received his fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry and has incorporated advanced dental services such as cosmetics, implants, straightwire ortho, aligners including in-house fabrication, 3D printing, in-office milling and more. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his wife Sara Joy, and his two beautiful daughters Hazel and Violet.
Neither Dr. Standridge nor members of his immediate family have any financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
$2395 per Doctor
$795 for assistants. Refund policy is 50% of course fee two weeks prior to course date.
AOS COURSE CONTACT
REGISTER BY PHONE
CALL 972-234-4000 between the hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday CST and use your credit card to register. Phone registration will assure your place in the course.